Well, my region representative for Lake Michigan phrf says that they are
collecting data on a number of things that do not affect phrf, why he doesn't
know, but rudder stock is one.  He says that lmphrf is taking a hard look at
several C&C models, the 39 being one..
I told him I guessed that mine was hollow tube, and would check in spring as
the boat is 426 miles away..
Since doesn't impact phrf, he said fix next year if needed.
So, mystery continues...

Bill Walker