From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Ken Heaton via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 13:53
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Shift w

We also put our boat in reverse to stop the prop spinning while sailing.  It is
a feathering prop but it doesn't always feather and stop unless we do put it in
reverse.  This is usually some time after we shut the engine down and then
notice a slight vibration from the spinning prop.

It is then very hard to get it out of reverse unless we start the engine so the
engine get started in reverse frequently, at idle, them quickly shifted to
neutral.

Ken H.

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 14:44, Fred Hazzard via CnC-List
Dan, I’ll let you know where and how when pull the old one.
May be awhile as cold and snowing.

Another question. My broken cable is self inflicted.  While sailing in heavy
winds I tried to tried to shift from reverse to neutral. Because it did not
want to shift, I applied a lot of pressure.  That broke the cable.  What caused
the transmission to bind up?  I assumed the prop was not spinning while in
reverse.

Fred Hazzard
S/V Fury
C&C 44
Portland Or

to send contribution --
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.me%2Fstumurray&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cff7b91740d6d4e3d034308d6a265238c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636874952596239355&sdata=dpM5ju3vaYMPZEUgo8HKFtkO%2FgNi3uauMuXcJvuI5uc%3D&reserved=0>