I have seen so many jobs unfurl and shred over the years both in Monroe Harbor
in Chicago and down here in Florida that I'm surprised that:1.  yards allow
people to store boats with jobs still on the furler;2.  people haven't learned
to safety tie their job when leaving the boat.Why aren't there more articles
about ensuring good jib/genoa safety?Every time we leave for the weekend or
expect winds more than about 20 mph when we're on the boat overnight we grab a
sail tie and tie it around the jib.Unwrapped jib tip boats off cradles and tear
them off anchors and moorings.Sheesh...  Just plain good common sense!Bruce
WhitmoreC&C 37/40+ "Astralis"Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Richard Bush via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 3/14/19  9:44 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Richard Bush <bushma...@aol.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Strange Weather, Eh?
 The Colorado storm moved through the Ohio valley tonight: we had some 60+
gusts; I saw jibs (not mine) unfurled and shredded in the marina; something I
have never seen before -here at least!

Richard

s/v Bushmark4: 1985 C&C 37 CB: Ohio River; Mile 506

Richard N. Bush

2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine

Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1462

502-584-7255