Keeping a jib up and furled when the boat is hauled out for the season
makes no sense to me etiher.  From a wear perspective as well as increase
of windage.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen jibs unfurl when tightly wrapped with 10
or so wraps of cleated jib sheets wrapped around the winches and securely
cleated and the furler line properly tied off to a cleat as well?  I
imagine something could fail at high enough winds but it seems fairly
secure, especially with 1000 or 1500 pounds of backstay tension.

This is the way I typically leave my boat which stays in the water year
around.

I hope everyone has been OK with this recent winter bomb.  Scary levels of
wind.

Bailey White
36-1
Lake Lanier, GA