To follow up, I found what I am pretty sure is the drain plug near the oil dip
stick and near enough to the front of the engine to be visible.  It appears to
be soft brass because it the head was already damaged by someone trying to
remove it before I tried to get a wrench on it.  I was unable to budge it even
after leaving PB Blaster on it for a few days.  I am afraid to do much more
because I am not sure I can find a replacement if I damage it more.  The only
other thing I can think of to do is to remove one of the hoses from the heat
exchanger and turn the engine on long enough to pump the antifreeze out.  The
alternative is to just start filling the overflow with new antifreeze and have
it slowly exchange over time.  Any suggestions?  Dave

> On Mar 31, 2019, at 2:08 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I need to drain the coolant from my Universal M4-30.  The drain plug in the
> photo I have from the manual is near the dip stick on the side of the engine
> I can reach but can’t see.  The photo in the manual is pretty useless as I
> can’t see what it is pointing to.  Does anyone know more precisely what it
> looks like (size?) or a way to find it by feel (or another way to drain)?
> Thanks- Dave
>
> S/V Aries
> 1990 C&C 34+
> New London, CT