 Subject: Re: Stus-List 1974 35 mk2 - solent rig questions
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Cc: "Shawn Wright" <shawngwri...@gmail.com>
 Date: Thursday, April 11, 2019, 6:04 PM

 Thanks for the good info on keel
 bolts. I will inspect carefully if we get a chance to make
 an offer.
 I am still curious
 about the twin headstay/furler solent rig. I will need to
 confirm the inner stay is properly braced at the deck, but I
 am wondering about the mast, with regard to reinforcement,
 and running backstays (there aren't any). This
 modification was made by the previous owner, but the current
 owner indicates that the boat can fly both foresails for
 running. I am wondering if this places loads beyond the
 design on the mast and backstay. I can't find any photos
 showing where the inner stay is attached to the mast, but I
 think it is quite close to the forward stay - they are not
 parallel as in a cutter rig - the bottom is about 2'
 aft, but the top is maybe 1' below the forward stay.
 There is a photo here, but it doesn't show the
 top...
 http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f152/c-and-c-35-mkii-1974-a-200558.html

 After
 going aboard another 35-2, and viewing as many photos as I
 can find online, I think my earlier assessment of the
 interior was a bit harsh; a lot of what I thought was owner
 modifications was actually original, like the many access
 panels on the headliner. I've also had the benefit of
 another 4 months of looking at other boats, and feel this
 one is probably a solid boat if I can get it in the low
 20s.
 I'm hoping to
 get prepared for making an offer and getting a survey on the
 boat, and if that doesn't happen, at least I will have
 learned a lot along the way.

 Thanks
 On Fri, Apr 5,
 2019 at 9:53 AM Dave Godwin via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>