Shawn:

Bringing a Canadian made C&C back the across the border requires the requisite tax...federal and provincial.

My boat came from Racine, Wisconsin....the trucker I hired to go get it would only do it if I hired a 'border broker'.....when the trucker reached the Canadian border, the border broker handled all the red tape and paid the taxes.   no hassles or problems for anyone especially the trucker....border broker cost $130....well worth it.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2019-04-15 4:58 p.m., Shawn Wright via CnC-List wrote:
Here in BC, there is a 12% PST on boats, unless purchased from a GST registrant (dealer), in which case it is 7% PST. Paying GST at the border will qualify you for the lower 7% rate, see below. In any case, it seems doubtful that there would be any concession for re-patriating a boat to BC based on these ridiculous tax laws. About the only way to reduce tax that I've ready about is to list items not normally attached to the boat separately, with item values, on a bill of sale. This means dinghy, outboard, BBQ, etc.