>From Edson (on the last page of this):
https://edsonmarine.com/content/EB381SteeringGuide.pdf

"STEERING WIRE TENSION  To check for proper wire tension, lock the wheel in
position by using the pedestal brake, or by tying off the wheel. Cable
tension is best when you cannot move the quadrant or drive wheel by hand
with the wheel locked in place. Over tightening will greatly reduce the
sensitivity of the system."

Ken H.