I have the same rob in front of my rudder.  This year enough of the bottom
paint was removed that I believe I was able to see threads slightly exposed
just as it entered the hull.  If anybody is missing this rod and is
interested in installing one, it appears quite easy to simply drill and tap
a hole.  Then install a stainless bolt, and then cut off the head.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pEh5lnvP1yTDJjOGJKa2NncFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+