With many thanks to everyone here, today I removed subjects on the '74
35-2, hull #270, which has been named Callisto since the first owner, as
far as we can tell.

I picked up most of the pieces from the owner's home, including 6
additional sails in bags, each with a report from UK sails. Most of worn,
but might come in handy some day. The boat a good main, 90 and 150, and a
new spinnaker.

Also got various boxes of old parts, and a B&G H1000 windex with cables and
two displays. Will see if I can make a wind/speed/depth setup without
spending too much extra, or just use existing depth gauges which are
working fine.

The bottom looks very good, with not much build up of paint, likely since
it was stripped to gel coat and barrier coat added in 2003. It has been two
years since last haulout and very little growth was showing (two coats were
done then). Since I need to haul in a year for a new survey, I will just do
one coat of Pettit Horizons now. The keel joint looks tight, with just a
few little voids in the soft sealant (sikaflex maybe?) and some signs of
lead corrosion. I plan to cut a bit away, then add some sika 291 over top
to make it flush, unless there is a better option. Mainly to bring it flush
and make sure things remain sealed.

I know that I have a lot of work ahead, but she is ready to sail now, so I
will choose my jobs to do over the next two weeks on the hard, then enjoy
her until the winter.

Glad to finally be a boat owner so I can stop looking at listings (for a
while at least... :)

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com