Hi Dave, I had to replace the lift pump (might be called a transfer pump) because the diaphragm was leaking and I couldn't get a diaphragm and that cured the worst leak. Next I'm going to replace the crush washers to try and cure some minor seepage that still exists. When my lift pump was leaking you could see the drip but I was able to fit a margarine container under it to catch it for short term.

Cheers,

Tom S

-----Original Message----- From: Dave S via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:08 AM
To: C&c Stus List
Cc: Dave S
Subject: Stus-List Yanmar 2gm fuel pump seepage

From both pumps oddly enough....

Lift pump seeps, appears to be gasket and or crush washers on banjo fitting. I’m wondering whether in addition to replacing the gaskets I should also replace the (still operating, likely original) pump for reliability’s sake. Thoughts?

High pressure pump has very minor seepage as well. Can’t see what’s causing it. Any likely scenarios?

Many thanks!

Dave 33-2

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions. Each and every one is greatly appreciated. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to send contribution -- https://www.paypal.me/stumurray