David,

As regards Chuck’s reference to salt-fused, I can attest to the problems I ran
across. All of my stanchions were virtually welded to the cast aluminum bases.
I tried solvents and heat from a cutting torch to no avail. Broke one base in
the process. I resorted to hack-sawing the tubes out.

I purchased all new tubes from Garhauer for $33.00 per tube plus shipping. And
a new cast base from South Shore.

Regards from Gosport, England.

Dave
C&C 37 - Ronin