Hi all -

I’m in the last stages of refurbishing the fiberglass piece that covers the
sliding companionway hatch on my C&C34. It had such extensive crazing on it
that I ended up sanding the whole thing down, including all the non-skid.
I’ve got new Interlux Perfection (Hatteras off-white) paint on it now, and
it’s ready for nonskid. I want to roughly match the nonskid style on the
rest of the deck, which is the Kiwi-grip style, but Kiwi Grip only comes in
a limited number of colors.

One solution I thought of would be to put 404 thickener in the paint and
use a Kiwi Grip roller. Anybody done anything like this before? This is a
low-traffic area, but there should be something there. Thoughts?

Andrew

--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I