Parts of my Beta 28 diesel engine have serious paint/rust scaling issues that I
would like to remove before cleaning and spray painting the engine.
Unfortunately, most of this is in/around the front of the engine (forward
facing) cooling lines, alternator, etc. which is impossible to reach with a
wire brush, either manual or on the end of a power drill. If I had one with
enough cfm, I would probably soda-blast the stuff away with an air compressor
blaster.  One mechanic suggested the only real way to do this is to remove the
engine for soda-blasting which is costly and time consuming.  I might be able
to do it with some sort of flexible shaft that could be driven by a power
drill--any kind of regular power drill with a brush is just too bulky to get
close to/behind various engine pieces.  OTOH, I could just try a high pressure
water spray after covering up the alternator and ignition panel to motor wiring
connector.  Any suggestions from the list on how such a clean-up might be done?
Charlie Nelson1995 C&C 36 XL/kcbWater Phantom