Sounds like you're missing the top foil trim cap.  If it's a Mark III the
part is Harken 870.

http://www.apsltd.com/unit-1-top-foil-trim-cap.html

These trim caps only last so long.  I'd suggest all listers with Harken
MKIII furlers inspect their systems to see if they are missing the cap.

 I cut a halyard last year while my trim cap was missing.  I didn't realize
a headsail halyard was over the forestay.  When I furled the headsail, the
exposed top of the foil cut the halyard in half.  There's a new trim cap up
there now.  I keep a spare cap on the boat.  They're cheap. $6 US.

The correct fix is to replace the trim cap.  This requires a trip aloft.
Before going aloft, cut the trim cap down one side with a razor knife.
This allows the cap to slide on the forestay.  I cut the shorter of the two
sides.  Once aloft, slide the cap on the forestay above the foil
extrusion.  Coat the top inch or so or the foil with Super Glue.  Slide the
trim cap down over the foil and hold in place until glue cures (about 2-3
minutes).  Run a bead of glue in the cut.  For extra insurance, you can
wrap the cap with electrical tape.

If you don't want to install the trim cap, send someone aloft and bend the
outer edges of both foils inward at the top of the foil.  Vise Grip type
pliers will work.  Use a file to round and smooth all the edges of the top
of the foil.  Wrap the top with riggers tape or electrical tape.  Inspect
it frequently because the tape may disappear after a season or two.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA