Here's my write up, from when the repair was done many years ago:

Dropped the keel. Flushed out the keel bolt holes.  The forward bolt hole
(which was under the mast) had a void around it, and a terrible smell when
it was flushed out. The yard ground the surface of the keel and the stub,
filled the void with a gallon of epoxy (yes, a gallon), and epoxied the
keel to the stub. New washers were fabricated (large square stainless,
tapered so that the old washers and nut would lay flat against the new
washers). The old washers were replaced with the newly fabricated washers,
and then placed on top of the new washers with the nuts torqued to spec.
Finally the smile was covered with fiberglass and epoxy. After more than
ten years, the smile hasn't returned, and I haven't had to torque the nuts
again.

Alan Bergen

35 Mk III Thirsty

Rose City YC