I had a 50W panel in an aluminum frame that I set on the sliding hatch when I
left the boat and plugged into an outlet I put near the engine controls.
Worked fine, but I got tired of carrying it and storing it below when I got to
the boat.  This winter I replaced it with a thin flexible 50W panel mounted on
the sliding hatch with Velcro.  It barely clears to slide under the traveller
frame, but has so far worked fine.  I coil the wires and stick them in the rope
bags mounted on the front of the cockpit while sailing.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT