Hi Listers,

My crew is demanding that I give them a break from racing so we are
planning for our first cruise, heading up Long Island Sound to Newport and
Block Island, next month. I've arranged dock space at the navy base in
Newport, but I'm still working out the details for the stop at Block Island.

We'd be arriving on a Sunday afternoon and staying overnight. Does anyone
know what the town mooring situation in the Great Salt Pond is like? Would
it be better to forget about the moorings and make a reservation now at one
of the marinas instead?

My worry is that all the town moorings will be occupied, the docks'll be
full, and we'll have to set an anchor for the night. My anchor tackle is
geared towards racing rather than cruising (150 ft of nylon rode with a
short section of rubberized chain and a Fortress) so I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts you may have!

Best,
Tom

---
Snow Goose