Right Alliana sufferedjust such a lightning strike 3 years back. Took out
VHF radio and antenna, chartplotter, knotmeter and music radio. Power was
off to everything with the big make before break swith also off. I was able
to settle an insurance claim for new gear but i would much prefer to have
the old gear still.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 8:02 PM Charlie Nelson via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I doubt that ANY grounding technique would be able to ensure that
> the instantaneous power from a lightning strike as so well illustrated in
> the video could be ‘directed’ anywhere other than where it was going to
> go anyway!
>
> Keep your insurance up to date, get the h... off the boat and let nature
> do what it does!
>
> Charlie Nelson
> C&C 36 XL/kcb
> Water Phantom
>
> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
> Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com
>
> On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

> This may be old news already, but quite a lightning strike in Boston!
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOB_0hq4JsQ
>

> Bill Coleman
>
> Erie, PA

> use PayPal to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray