It might make sense to add a garboard plug (and keep it open)

Marek

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Neil Gallagher via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:00:57 PM
To: Barbara L. Hickson via CnC-List
Cc: Neil Gallagher
Subject: Re: Stus-List Downsides to having a boat on the hard?

When I bought my 35-1 it had been sitting in a yard for 3 years, and
pretty much neglected by the owner.  The biggest issue was water inside
the boat, presumably after the battery died the bilge pump stopped
draining whatever came in, and the boat had an inside waterline a foot
above the cabin sole.  Fortunately it was about an inch below the
crankshaft opening of the A4 engine, otherwise it would have filled the
sump and seized the engine.

So my sense is that either be sure you have no water entry, or have some
way of draining it.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY