From: Rob Ball via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Rob Ball <r...@edsonintl.com>
Sent: Mon, Jul 22, 2019 7:29 pm
Subject: Stus-List Deck tie-down

Indeed the deck floats on the bulkhead(s) and there are those tiny tie-downs at
sensitive spots.
All of the boats did that until we learned on the C&C 40, that the loads and
twisting was too much.
So, on the Mk III 35 we started to tab the bulkheads to the deck. This results
in a much better structure (tighter forestay) but made the assembly procedure
considerably more complex and expensive.
This became the policy on all of the larger boats from then on.
I think the new 33 has tabbed bulkheads but my memory isn’t perfect . . . . .
Rob Ball.  C&C 34.

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray