As my boat is berthed next to Higgins (and winters there), I asked. Busy. The
marinas around here are busy until the end of October. We only have a few slips
available – Higgins has about 20 but a lot of repeat visitors, St. Michaels
Marina has more but is busy most weekends, you may be better at CBMM (I am
involved there and can ask) and Harbor Inn and Marina is limited and expensive.

I asked at Higgins (by the way they are new owners and great folks, but are
keeping full) so I have to wonder how many attendees would be willing to anchor
out – we can probably find a place for a party – my lawn is too small – the
shuttle service is rather good, so anchoring is not a problem – I would
recommend Fogg Cove by the Museum (and Perry Cabin megabucks resort – you have
to endure the Hinckley tour boat and the fleet of Alerions of various lengths).
About 10 feet and good holding.

Would you consider Miles River Yacht Club – again limited slips (bunch of owner
boats) but the ‘creek’ has good space and I think the shuttle would be OK to
get into town?

Sorry for no more local knowledge, but it has been a busy spring/summer, and we
don’t have a lot of room, but a great place to live and sail.

Gary Nylander

30-1