If you decide to replace with stainless, talk to Guido at Garhauer Marine.
My boat repair colleague just replaced all the chain plates on a Cheoy Lee
with plates made by Guido.  They were gorgeous.  No clue on cost.

My buddy is meticulous.  He asked Guido about the origin and trace-ability
of the stainless he uses.  Guido sent him the papers showing the metal
wasn't counterfeit stainless from nowhere.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA