Hi guys,

First off - I've heard iridium go is slow and I can't seem to find one for
rent in Canada so that's out.

We're looking to rent a sat phone for one month to go off shore in October
for Berumda/BVIs from Canada. I've looked into iridium phones and Inmarsat
phones:

The Iridium 9555 can serve as a dial-up modem for your laptop but you pay
per minute of use just as though you made a voice call. I can rent one for
1 month at $300 + minutes.

The Inmarsat phones come with a data plan, and I assume you can plug them
into a PC. Does anyone have any experience with sat phone data?

Mainly I need to get a GRIB file attachment through an email attachment on
an inmarsat Sat phone for my weather, and transfer it to my PC.

What works best for doing this - dial up with Iridium or Data on Inmarsat?

Thanks guys,

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44