Hi Gary,

You're right the 34+, 34/36, 34 R's came with a variety of engines and
transmissions.  They had me submit both my engine serial # and a picture of
the transmission placard.  (Yanmar 3GM30F / Kanzaki 2.6:1 Ratio) and they
said: "Your engine is the most popular out there, we know what we're doing"

They didn't.  Max RPM was a struggling and smoking 3000-3100. Yanmar says
it should be 3,400 continuous / 3,600 1 hour rating.  That + on my boat:
the vibrations sounded / looked destructive.

I had a lot of time to research all that and this over-pitching thing is a
commonly done to make their product look more efficient.  The "Voile"
French Magazine did a  low drag prop test and they stated that a few
manufacturers had sent over pitched props / Flex o fold was the worst
offender.  The comment was that the Flex o Fold was very fuel efficient
but: "Be careful with the throttle, the prop is dangerously over-pitched,
you could damage your engine".

Live and learn..

Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA

-----------------------------------
Hi Francois,
     I had the same problem.  It turned out my 37+ was delivered with 2
different transmission ratios, and the previous owner had ordered the prop
for the wrong ratio.  I wonder if the 34+ is available with 2 different
transmission ratios.  Once they sent me the correct prop she was fine.
Agreed, they weren't the most friendly to deal with.

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA