Thankfully, I have not gotten tangled in a crab pot line as of yet.  I was just
thinking that if the blades are folded, there would be a greater probability of
the line sliding off the prop shaft rather than getting caught around a blade
like "might" happen with a J Prop.  That said, it would then probably get
caught around the rudder, but it's a lot more robust.  Maybe I'm just
overworrying things.BruceSent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Charlie Nelson via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 9/25/19  3:19 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: cenel...@aol.com Subject: Re: Stus-List Folding &
Feathering Prop Recommendations

I sail in an area with lots of crab pots when in season--which appears to be
most of the year--and I have a Gori 2 blade folder which has worked well for
me. It was purchased for racing.

I have never tangled with a pot that got wrapped in or around my prop. OTOH, I
don't see where a folder would do any better than a fixed blade in that
situation.

I am probably missing something--could you enlighten me and the list?

Charlie Nelson

1995 C&C 36 36XL/kcb

Water Phantom