I have a 3 blade Maxprop as well.  It has worked well in forward and reverse.
Has anyone figured out a way to check its feathering action?  I presume it is
feathering when sailing, but don’t know how to tell.  The only thing I can
think of would be to sail to the mooring and then dive.  Perhaps sailing
without the transmission locked and see if the shaft turns?  If it does not,
then one presumes you could not have to worry about locking the transmission
while sailing?  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT