Interesting, I will have to try this. We have only pressure water (no
manual pump) and a small household bar sink faucet, so flow is pretty good,
and I can slow it to trickle - I think the pump is about 2.5GPM. On our
first 3-4 day outing, with my wife doing dishes, we drained the tank in a
long weekend (35 USG). Now, with more careful use, we managed about 10 days
over the summer. Little things, like using a cup for brushing teeth, and
not filling the sink to wash dishes (just fill the largest bowl/pot, and
wash things in it), help a lot.
Not having a backup water pump is a concern, and I plan to toss a spare RV
pump on board just in case, but was thinking about maybe re-installing the
old sea water foot pump after rebuilding it, and maybe plumbing in a valve
so it could draw from the tanks in an emergency.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com