This is a recurring question, I'm sorry, but I thought that the engine
wasn't supposed to be left in neutral to free spin the prop?  I put mine in
reverse momentarily to feather the Max-prop then in neutral - The shaft
stays stopped.  Do you think this could have caused the demise of your
tranny?

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+