On Prime Interest one of the set screws wasn't even tapped all the way
through to the post. In any case I had great difficulty trying to remove
that one. Eventually used a bolt removal set. The set screws were made of
some very soft metal making removal painful.

Removing the collar was a slow process. I couldn't move it without locking
a pipe wrench on it and using the wheel to turn the rudder under it a
quarter turn at a time.

I had to re-tap the set screw holes but luckily the collar is very soft
brass/bronze. I used some harder bolts rather than putting back recessed
set screws.

Ed

Prime Interest
1982 LF38