I was going to go with a rocna at first but really thought the break down
feature would be nice on a heavy anchor. The charts call for a 55lb anchor for
my boat but, my boat falls just over the length limit and is right at the
weight limit for a 45lb anchor.  I thought it might be safer to go bigger but
the reality is that I'm years away from any lengthy cruising and might even
trade to a bit bigger boat for that...However, the cost difference isn't that
big of a deal between the 45 and 55...Thanks, Danny
-------- Original message --------From: Andrew Burton via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 11/29/19  10:41 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com> Subject:
Re: Stus-List Mantus anchor feedback Danny, I replaced my CQR on Masquerade
with a Mantus Supreme before I went down to the VI last year and was very happy
with it. And it fit where my CQR had been on the bow. I asked Fatty Goodlander
what he likes and he said he was smitten with his Rocna. He is currently on his
third or fourth circumnavigation and is anchored all the time. I don’t see a
lot of difference between the Rocna and the Mantus.Mind you, on Peregrine I
never had a complaint about my CQR.CheersAndyAndrew Burton139 Tuckerman
AveMiddletown, RI USA
02842www.burtonsailing.comhttp://sites.google.com/site/andrewburtonyachtservices/+401
 965-5260On Nov 29, 2019, at 21:21, Joel Aronson via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Stainless is ridiculously expensive. On Fri, Nov
29, 2019 at 6:26 PM Danny Haughey via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Hi
all, Needing to replace my old 35lb CQR.  I'm thinking of taking advantage of
the black Friday deal for a new stainless mantus 55lb.  It's 10 percent of and
free shipping.   It seems to have great reviews and I like the idea of it
breaking down for storage.   Any strong feelings either wayDannyTartan
40Mattapoisett, MAThanks, Danny

____________________________________________________________Drink 1 Cup Before
Bed, Watch Your Belly Fat Melt Like
Crazymayserve-magestor.comhttp://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5de1a8f72df7228ec2a62st01duc_______________________________________________

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

-- Joel 301 541 8551
_______________________________________________Thanks everyone for supporting
this list with your contributions.  Each and every one is greatly appreciated.
If you want to support the list - use PayPal to send contribution --
$2.8 Million Later Biologist Retires To Trade Stocks
ragingbull.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5de265c0bdcce65bf2036st02vuc