Our 1970 Redwing 35 (Hull #7) had gate valves for the cockpit scuppers.  I never planned to close the cockpit scuppers so I made sure that I had wooden plugs available in the event of a hose failure.  Our new(er) C&C 35-3 has proper seacocks.  I still don't close the scupper seacocks and still have wooden plugs for a failed hose.  The Redwing 35 had four gate valves and they all still worked when we lost her.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan
WLYC