I, like many of us, am sometimes off the boat for days/weeks.  I'd like to
track the bilge cycles to indicate a problem.

There are several options.

   1. Buy a nice purpose built bilge cycle counter like the one from Water
   Witch for $80 or so
   2. Replace my existing bilge switch with the Watch Witch ePanel
   switch/counter for $180
   3. Buy a cheap non-marine 12 vdc counter for $5

The Water Witch counters provide 14 day, 7 day and 24 hour counts.  That
could be more helpful the cheap unit's single count from when you left the
boat.  I like the more expensive options but at the same

I guess I have 3 questions.

   1. Do any of you use a cycle counter and do you find it helpful?
   2. How would one wire the cheap counter?  I suspect you just parallel it
   off the back of the switch across the "auto" out and the ground.  Each time
   the float switch activates the counter would see voltage and count.
   3. Does anyone have a better simple elegant solution?

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA