FYI, we found on our 27 MKIII, and I think it would apply to most of our boats
that a thin panel (such as a semi-flexible one) can be mounted directly the the
sliding hatch, and by so doing it will, by definition, be deployed while off
the boat, and be tucked away under the hood when the boat is being used.  Ours
was sufficiently flat that we could step on it enough to flake the sails & such
without damage.

I had a glass panel that was sitting out in the cockpit, and a guest stepped on
it and broke the glass.

As I think I mentioned, it was on the boat for at least 10 years when I sold
the boat 3 years ago.  It is still charging the batteries, as I keep in contact
with the new owner.

Food for thought,

Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net

    On Friday, January 17, 2020, 12:36:43 PM EST, Thomas Delaney via CnC-List