I rewired my bow light.  Had to remove pulpit leg to get wire through a small
deck hole hidden  by tube.

Sent from my Android. Please forgive typos. Thank you.

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Edd Schillay via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 10:22:18 AM
To: Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Edd Schillay <e...@schillay.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Boat projects again- wire running through rail tube

David,

When I did some rewiring (on the 37+), there was some sealant inside the tube,
and it was keeping the wire from moving. I used a very fine screwdriver to
“pick" it free.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Captain of the Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
Venice Yacht Club | Venice Island, FL

Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log<http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>

On Mar 20, 2020, at 10:16 AM, Dennis C. via CnC-List

It may be sealant at the deck.  Does the vertical tube go into a deck fitting?
If so, remove any set screws and try to lift the tube.  You may have to do the
same to an adjacent tube.  Once you lift the tube you may see your issue.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:10 AM David Knecht via CnC-List
I had another problem the other day that I can’t figure out.  I am replacing
the bow and stern lights with LED.  The wire from the old stern light runs into
the stainless steel vertical tube of the rear rail and down into the port
lazarette.  I have been unable to budge the wire by pulling on it from the
bottom even though it appears loose at the top.  The bow lights are similar and
the wire pulls out easily.  I can’t see anything holding the wire so I am
wondering if anyone has ideas or has encountered this problem and solved it.
Thanks- Dave

David Knecht
S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+