Our club's latest update requests that we avoid using the foreshore
workshops unless it's an emergency, and the mast crane is off limits. As of
last week, I have been using the head on the boat exclusively, and the one
time I used the metal shop prior to the update, I brought my own safety
gear, and touched only the bench grinder; from now on I will just bring
things home to work on.

The shared washrooms likely remain the biggest risk in most facilities. I
was able to book a survey for early May when my insurance renews, so I now
have a deadline to get everything back together. The insurance company
would have given me an extra 6 months on the survey, but at a 10% surcharge
on the insurance. Since I was afraid this 10% would just become part of the
rate for the following years, I chose to find a surveyor who could do it
sooner.

Now I just need to stop taking things apart (it has become a bit of an
obsession...), and begin putting them back together again... :)
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com