If those through-hulls are below the waterline, like cockpit drains, then I
highly recommend against that clear vinyl with coloured spiral hose. It was
used on my cockpit drains, and the moment I loosed the clamps it started to
leak. There were several cracks beneath the clamps in the spiral material,
which tore through the softer clear hose. Yesterday I removed my engine
seawater intake hose, which was the same stuff in 3/4" and seemed very soft
and flexible, but sure enough, there were cracks under the clamps. I have
since replaced both with hardwall (wire re-inforced) wet exhaust/coolant
hose. It's not cheap, but below the waterline, it's worth it, especially
since the cockpit drains stay open year round.

More details here:
https://www.facebook.com/SVCallisto/posts/515125529423337

I also don't much care for the clear beverage line type hose, which seems
to harden quite quickly, and is a pain to get onto fittings without soaking
in hot water. I am putting some of it back in today (it was new last year)
just to get my water system going again, but, eventually, I will replace it
with PEX.

I have to stop creating new projects... (I spent the day scrubbing the
bilge and planning out my new bilge pump layout... But first, I am
determined to get the rest of the oil out, most of which is trapped in
crevices around the aft most keel stud.)

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com