I, like Bryan, went with the Raymarine EV200, and connected it to an existing
Octopus hydraulic ram.  It works quite well.  I do, however have a complaint
about the remote.  It just won't stay charged even when left in the off
position for a week or two.  I've already sent it back to Raymarine when I
noticed the charge contacts were turning green and not connecting to the
charger despite the remote having been kept in a dry place and not being
exposed to harsh conditions.  I can't speak to other brands for comparison.Hope
you find this helpful,BruceSent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Bryan Colwell via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/20/20  10:02 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Bryan Colwell <bhcolw...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Linear Auto Pilot install Brad,I installed the Raymarine EV200 with
type I linear drive on my 34+.  I couldn't be happier with the results. Very
powerful in all points of sail. Zero feedback with the unit in standby. I sail
solo 90% of the time and it would be very difficult without it. The wireless
remote is pretty handy too!Bryan ColwellFourth Watch 1991 C&C 34+Anacortes,
WAOn Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 8:38 AM Bradley Lumgair via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:I’ve been crawling around below deck on our C&C
33/2 contemplating the installation of a below deck autopilot as well. My
rudder post is 2.373 or roughly 2-3/8 diameter, appears to be solid stainless.
My keyway extends down below the quadrant by about 4 inches or so, right where
the arm needs to go, didn’t realize how lucky I was until I read through this
post. So, to my question, what are you using for a drive unit? I’ve looked at
the Octopus R/S online also considering a few others but curious as to what
others have decided on.
Thanks
Brad
Pulse
C&C 33/2
Lake Huron

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray