Slight change of topic:

I am about to replace my fuel gauge, which should be a very simple matter.
It is being made more complicated due to an access problem.  It would be
easy if C&C had left a little extra wire behind the all the other
instruments (tach, water temp, oil pressure, etc.), all of which are mounted
on a Westerbeke panel.  With a little extra wire, I could remove the panel
without disconnecting every instrument, but unfortunately the wire lengths
are too short.  As a result, I can only pull the panel away from the coming
about two inches - not enough to get in there from the deck.  Instead, I
must crawl down into the cave under the cockpit, navigate through bunch of
hoses, sit more or less on top of thru-hull fittings (ouch), and squeeze my
head and one arm into an itty-bitty space.

For those with similar setups (if there are any), has anyone come up with a
simpler solution than either: a) crawling around in the cave; or b)
disconnecting every instrument on the removable panel?

Matt Wolford

C&C 42 Custom