Hello all,
I have a C&C 37/40+ with a 15 kg/35 lb. Delta anchor and 4' of 8 MM chain.  I
can get the anchor up reasonably easily.  I am thinking of upgrading the anchor
to a 45 lb. Rocna or Mantus M1 because that is the size recommended by the
manufacturer.  My only concern is whether I'm going to find it particularly
difficult to pull up without a windlass.
I have a good anchor roller, and have installed a chain lock so I can pause if
needed because the boat swings or to help pull the anchor out once we get the
rode/chain vertical.

I'm not a hugely muscular guy, just a typical 5' 9" guy in his later 50s.
I'd really like to avoid putting in a windlass, at least for now and the Delta
has held pretty well in the sandy bottom here in west Florida.
Thanks for your insights

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"Madeira Beach, FL
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net