I replaced Touche's Perko cowl vents with the same chrome Perkos.  Before I
installed them, I sprayed them with 3 coats of Superior Shield
fluoropolymer protective coating (Shield Products Tel 904.880.6060).  Over
10 years and no significant pitting.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DmOjmhUo6B2w2uCHuuOKOsRAu-dI5oOd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QK_x6ksrN9kJFxOn_kDO1DQBh1N4wAuv

No clue if Shield Products is still in business or if they still make the
aerosol fluoropolymer spray.

Dennis C.