As for it going into the exhaust, there are two ways.  One is through the head
gasket, which should result in steam coming out of the exhaust, and the other
would be through pinhole leaks in the heat exchanger, which with some diesels
is a relatively common occurrence.  But yes, check the bilge, and then check
the oil for any milkyness.  If it persists and you don't have steam coming out
your exhaust, then I would highly suspect the heat exchanger.  A boat buddy of
mine with a Westerbeke had a similar problem and he had the heat exchanger
repaired as opposed to replacing it.  I can track down the guy that did it for
him if you would like.Hoping you find this helpful,Bruce 1994 C&C 37/40+Sent
from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: "Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 5/13/20  10:35 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: "Della Barba, Joe" <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov> Subject:
Re: Stus-List Loss of coolant

It is only going one of three places – the bilge, the exhaust, or the oil.
Check the oil for coolant contamination ASAP and check the exhaust for excess
steam and/or white smoke. The bilge should be obvious ;)

Joe Della Barba
DCSI
410-966-7255