Thanks for the link to Stan's grounding article. I have read it before, but
it was useful to do so again, as it highlighted a few things I will need to
check (and which my surveyor missed):

1. I believe my galvanic isolator is (and was) wired incorrectly. The shore
power ground goes to circuit panel ground, then through isolator to the
boat's ground bus. Stan's article indicates the shorepower ground should go
to the isolator first, then on to the breakers, then to boat ground.

2. My fuel tank (and fill cap) are grounded, but not bonded to the
keel/mast lightning ground. (I am assuming that the aluminum mast step with
keel bolt under the mast serves to bond the mast & keel). The surveyor
specifically asked about grounding of the fuel tank and filler, but made no
mention of lightning grounds. I am not certain if it is possible to achieve
the strict isolation of the fuel tank from DC ground and still have a
working fuel gauge; that would require a sender with a separate ground,
which mine does not have.

I think I am ok with everything else, except perhaps the lack of a zinc
anode on my prop-shaft strut; if the cutlass bearing isolates it from the
shaft, then it may not be (although the mounting bolts are SS). At one
time, there were bonding wires on each of the bolts inside the hull, but
those had been cut when I bought the boat. I plan to pull the strut in the
fall, as one of the bolts is weeping slightly.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com