Is this a 35? Looks very similar to my '74 35 mk2, and yes it is wood, but
glassed to at least 1/2 way up, presumably on both sides, which should help
to protect it to a degree. I expect that replacing the wood will be a
rather big job due to limited access, and unless you cut into the liner,
there will be no way to glass in the back side. I would suggest drilling a
few test holes to determine the extent and location of the damage. You may
then be able to cut out only the soft wood, and use the existing tabbing to
glass new wood in place. I'm not sure that it really offers that much extra
support to the floor liner, which is cored with 1/2" plywood, and also
supported by the contoured recess for the bilge access cover. Maybe try
having someone apply weight at various places while watching for flex. I
would concentrate of getting to the source of the water damage, whether it
is windows, toerail leaks, or improper bilge pump setup. I recently
switched to a magnetic float switch for my primary bilge pump that
activates with much less water, keeping the bilge level at about 1" or so.
I also have both pumps wired for manual switching so I can suck it as dry
as the pumps will go.

Also worth mentioning is the worst water damage on our boat is the forward
inner corner of the galley sink counter, and the adjoining plywood leading
forward under the settee. The previous owner cut in new wood and heavily
epoxied everything in this area to repair the damage, and it has stayed dry
in the past year since we've had her. There is still a small drip that
lands in the food locker that I haven't tracked down (either window or
toerail), but it is very minor.

Feel free to share more on this, especially if it's a 35, as I've spent
lots of time in the bilge lately... :)
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com