Gremlins

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2020, at 5:47 PM, Tom Buscaglia via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

 Ghosts or Demons....

At 02:31 PM 5/31/2020, you wrote:
Message: 5
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 16:31:06 -0500
From: Nate Flesness <nateflesn...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List instrument panel idiot light BUZZER going on
         cyclically, all switches OFF

Our 1980 30-1 has the original 2QM15 and instrument panel. Last night on
the mooring, the warning buzzer above the usual three idiot lights started
going off, intermittently - 15 or so seconds on, 15 or so seconds off,
repeat. The big red switch was OFF, the ignition switch was OFF with the
key on its usual in-cabin hook, the engine was not running, and there
should NOT have been any power to the buzzer!I The oil pressure light
glowed faintly when the buzzer was buzzing. I repeat, the engine was not
running and the ignition was OFF. We've had this Good Old Boat 15 years
now, this is new.

Today, mystified, I disconnected the buzzer, to avoid further annoying the
neighbors. I had some tranny work done recently, maybe the installers
bumped the wiring or something..,. ??

I assume some short somewhere? Any ideas? I faintly remember a
short-finding recipe on this wonderful list many years ago, anyone remember
it?

Nate
Sarah Jean
1980 30-1