(Apologies, premature send on the previous)

At some point in its history, a now-dysfunctional South Pacific VS1000C
windlass was added to our 1975 C&C 30 MK1. The through-deck access to the
anchor locker is via the windlass, hand-cranked, and its through-deck hole,
just big enough for a 5/16" chain to pass, and not big enough to allow
smooth passage of a typical rode connected to the chain. Even the smallest
of thimble on looped rode causes problems. Can anyone tell me what the
original MK1 top-side access to the anchor locker looked like, if in fact
access was even part of the design? Also, does anyone have experience
rebuilding the VS1000C windlass? Ours sounds like an old starter motor when
the Bendix won't engage.

David J. Morris, MBA
President, D.J. Morris & Associates Ltd.
24 St. Paul's Place, Kingston, ON  K7M 7S3

Tel. 613-531-4429
email:  <mailto:djmor...@djma-ltd.com> djmor...@djma-ltd.com
Member: Canadian Freelance Guild

Blogging at:  <http://davidmorrisjourneys.wordpress.com/>