From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of dwight veinot via
CnC-List
Sent: June 12, 2020 7:48 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: dwight veinot <dwight...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List CnC34—Anything to pay attention to?

It’s a tender boat by all accounts. If you are sailing in winds usually in the
teens apparent to weather it really does well with a keel shoe. The interior
seems very tight compared to the 35mkii which was i believe was the model it
was built to replace

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 2:36 PM John and Maryann Read via CnC-List
Owned our 82 for 21 seasons.  Absolutely love it.  Original Yanmar 3GM which is
just the right power (do not recommend a smaller engine)  No major design or
build issues just issues of being such a tender age :-)  Of course get a
competent survey of hull rig and all systems.  Our main hatch cover had
delamination of core as screws around the edge went through the balsa core,
they leaked and core rotted.  Removed cover, installed solid glass around edges
for screws, new balsa and glass, reinstalled.  Filled 2 screw holes in deck
with epoxy reassembled and no more leaks :-)
Sails like a dream.  Very sensitive to trim and weight distribution.  Races
with the best of them need a crew of 6 or 7.  Easily cruises for 4.  2 can
easily sail her.  Is designed for light airs but can handle high winds and seas
well.  The designer Rob Ball has one - need I say more?  Contact off list if
need anything else.

John and Maryann
Legacy III
1982 C&C 34