On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM Peter Cowenhoven via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> It always starts very nicely.   I was running at around 2900 for hours.
> Also had a bit of a throttle issue where it would slip down to lower rpm's
> and I had to hold it to keep it above 2500. But I couldn't get over 3000.
>
> After on the dock I started it and it easily went to 3400 or so.  At that
> point it blew a bunch of black carbom in the water.

That suggests it's either over-propped, dirty bottom, or just has a clogged
air filter or other air/fuel issue (injection timing possibly). I'd start
with the easy ones first: air filter, timing, bottom clean?

Mine had a new injection pump installed when I bought it, and I had to
remove the return springs to prevent creeping of the lever, even after
adding friction on the cable. This is easy to do on a Bosch rotary pump,
but not sure about Yanmars. I see no reason to have a return spring, and
too much friction on the cable just causes premature wear.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com