Hi Bob,

1) throttle/shifter location - my observation is that the location on the
lower starboard bench is an odd location, somewhat inconvenient by design.
I have seen some models with the Edson pedestal shifter installed.  Has
anyone done this conversion?

Call Edson, they very likely have a design for the pedestal installation if
it has been done in the past and may be able to give you a list of
materials you will need to do the conversion.  Their customer service is
excellent.

2) traveler shieves being frozen due to dirt and limited use.  Any thoughts
on that, best way to remove clean and lube?  Replacement? Any upgrades done
to the traveler?

Lots of warm soapy water to wash out the existing grit, dirt and debris,
rinse well and then, when dry, put a few drops of McLube OneDrop Ball
Bearing Conditioner on everything with ball bearings in it.  It will likely
then work like new.

https://www.mclubemarine.com/onedrop/

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=1197753

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 at 23:51, RLT via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Recently stepped into a 2000  C&C 121 and had a few questions on options
> others have pursued or attempted?
> 1) throttle/shifter location - my observation is that the location on the
> lower starboard bench is an odd location, somewhat inconvenient by design.
> I have seen some models with the Edson pedestal shifter installed.  Has
> anyone done this conversion?
> 2) traveler shieves being frozen due to dirt and limited use.  Any
> thoughts on that, best way to remove clean and lube?  Replacement? Any
> upgrades done to the traveler?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Bob Tallman
> C: 631.387.6748

Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin

S/V Salazar - Can 54955

C&C 37/40 XL - Hull # 67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
C&C 37/40 XL Salazar <https://c-c-37-40.blogspot.com/p/salazar.html>
--
"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat Solemnly, as he leaned
forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing --

"Simply messing...about in boats -- or with boats... In or out of 'em it
doesn't matter. Nothing seems to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether
you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination
or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at
all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when
you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if
you like, but you'd much better not."