A fellow sailor, who is also a machinist, lent me his Snap On Impact Driver...it got the seized SS screw out.  In order to remove the stanchion from the base, I will have to remove the stanchion base from the deck and he will take it to his shop (basement in this case) to separate them and straighten the stanchion.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.